Sunday, May 5, 2013

Flying Pig Part 3 - After

After saying our goodbyes and congrats to each other, Tim, Steph and I grabbed a coffee - Best. Coffee. Ever. Probably because I’d been up since 4am. And had just run 13.1 miles. And was shivering. Did I mention my lips were blue? 

We dropped Stephanie off and headed to Tim’s sister, Amy’s to pick Nora up - she graciously watched Nora since the weather was going to be bad. Nora had a blast with her cousins and I think they enjoyed her too : ) We picked her up around 11am and we were only in the car 5 minutes before she conked OUT. 



We arrived home and I had to take some “selfies” [self portraits] because Tim had Nora on his shoulder on the couch so she’d continue to sleep - aww. 

I feel good despite some creaky hip joints

An early and exciting day for everyone!
As Tim & Nora slept, I hopped in the shower. Amazing. It was hard to get out. Nora woke around 12:30 and we all had lunch. Tim showered. We went to retrieve my car and get groceries - Hey, 13.1 miles ain’t going to help get dinner made this week! It was now about 3:30 and we were able to enjoy some lounging as a family with the crummy weather outside. Nora used an old paper towel roll as her robot hand: 

Look at me -I’m Crazy Tube-Hand.  I’ve got a tube for a hand - isn’t that... CRAZY?

As 5:30 approached, Mommy wanted to celebrate her accomplishment with a beer - a beer I used to drink in London on tap! Mmmm... We also ordered carryout burgers and fries. We were too tired to cook and I cashed in my “Not-A-Vegetarian-For-A-Day” card for my post-race craving. Hey, I’ve always said I’m a Veg 9 out of 10 times! 


Overall, it was an awesome day and I look forward to doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment