Sunday, May 5, 2013

Flying Pig Part 1 - Before

Friday was jacked up. I’d planned for my Mom to stay into the evening after watching Nora so Tim and I could go out to celebrate his birthday - we were pretty excited until Tim’s job reared its ugly head.  He was essentially held up late and our plans crumbled. We were pretty bummed, but we enjoy being home and still are able to celebrate his birthday with health and happiness, so we celebrated what we have!

We thought this “birthday weekend” was going to get worse because Tim was slated to go into to work for about 4 hours on Saturday. Wow. Thankfully, his coworkers got word that it was even his birthday on Friday, so they told him to stay home. Whew. So our Saturday turned out to be pleasant with a good amount of outdoor time.

Saturday night was strange - frankly I’m used to winding down with a glass of wine but I was not going to cause any reason for an “off” run in the AM and I needed to get decent sleep - so I was really good about hydrating all day.

I think the logistics around the race is more stressful than the physical race; how to transport there/with who, what to bring, how to meet up with your friend/family afterwards, etc. I laid out my clothes, pinned my bib on my shirt, had everything ready to go for when I woke up!

I made Tim his birthday key lime pie [we still have yet to try it]. I made our weekly menu/grocery list and was asleep by 9:30pm. 

I woke up at 2:15 to pee, then woke up at 3:45am and thought “Dang, I have to get up in 25 minutes.” Got a few more winks and woke up at 4:05am!

Future Flying Piglet in Mommy’s shirt!


No comments:

Post a Comment