Monday, November 19, 2012

No Rest Yet...

11 Months, Week 3

Nora is still giving it her all with the walking... I think her farthest so far has been about 10 feet. She falls on her bum a lot, but gets back up on her feet and tries again! Love the baby determination. 

She also says “ball” now which comes out as “baw!” 

Nora woke up this past Wednesday with sniffles and a runny nose - ack! Today is day 6 of it. No fever, a cough here and there, so every night we run the humidifier and continue to wipe her nose which is the equivalent of trying to cut her nails; writhing and thrashing and crying. It’s awful. I’ve been putting some lotion under her nose at nights to ease the irritation. We actually tried vapor rub on her feet with socks to ease her stuffiness, but it resulted in two hours of coughing - it just irritated her passages more. 

I’ve been under the weather too, I can’t seem to kick this “blah” feeling - funny enough it started kicking up once I stopped running so much. Interesting.

I was really looking forward to a relaxing Sunday yesterday... Nora woke up at 5:20am. My Lord. In the middle of running errands I got a call from the Showing Department - a realtor wanted to show from 1:30-3pm. Awesome - smack dab in the middle of my relaxing Sunday. 

Nora fell asleep on the way home at 11:35am. We left her IN the car in the garage with 700WLW on; you know, background noise. [Multiple people have said they do it too, so I don’t feel crazy] Tim and I went through the house and prepared it while checking on Nora every 1-2 minutes. We finished the house and left in the car and Nora was still sleeping! Amazing. She woke up at 1:15 on our way to Amy’s [thanks again Amy for letting us crash!]

I’m trying to stay positive and optimistic but I’m just getting tired... keeping the house in tip-top shape is exhausting and I just want to leave it be... I hope that day comes soon!

Sunday morning “jam-hair.”

Playing with an empty box - because those are always more fun!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Stine! It sounds like a really hard time, but it will all get better (hopefully soon). I hope you are proud of what a good job you are doing with EVERYTHING. Maybe it's time to have Grandma Babs come to give you a rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Babs is already a huge help by watching Nora on Fridays : )

    ReplyDelete