Tuesday, July 31, 2012

8 Month Checkup

7 Months, Week 4


We had our 8-mo checkup yesterday. Our pediatrician has an office in Sharonville right next to a womens’ center - where protestors camp out... makes for an uncomfortable entrance - !


Apparently there’s a urinalysis at this age which I was not provided with the urine sample bag at our 6-mo visit. They gave it to me this visit and this contraption has to adhere to Nora’s bottom bits and collect her urine - that’ll be interesting - geezum! 


Nora is 27.25" long [75%] and 18lbs [60%] now! The pediatrician said she’s a happy, healthy baby - woo! 


The pediatrician again [yes, again] told me I should just whip up some meatballs with ricotta, mush up some lentils, make up some dried beans and just let Nora nosh away. Meatballs? “Have you given her Indian food yet?” Huh? Well I’m all for adventurous food, but I’m still cautious, especially with a baby with no teeth yet! 


And she said we should be off bottles in 2 months - 2 months! What happened to my baby? Nutty! Got to get down with the sippy cup now. 

And finally, Nora has regularly been on her hands and knees and the knees are starting to make forward movements before falling to her belly. The crawling is looming... 





2 comments: