Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby at the Dentist

5 Months, 1 Week


I got her gums cleaned. 


JKBFF!


However, I did not see the need to get a sitter for my cleaning and a good friend took her baby to her own cleaning, so I thought - I’m gonna give this a shot. It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t without some hiccups. Literally - Nora cried until she was hiccuping.

We put Nora behind a wall while I got some x-rays - she was okay because the hygienist  popped her head back with every x-ray click. We went to another alcove to take more, and that’s when Nora was done with all the strangers. Thankfully the receptionist [who is also the dentist’s wife] was super happy to pick up Nora and hold her while I had my cleaning.

I heard Nora cry out every few minutes. She was not happy, but I felt that if I kept going to console her, she’d just get more upset. So I toughed it out, and after half an hour, walked up to reception to see Nora asleep on her shoulder! It was sickeningly sweet and the hygienist and I were just amazed! Poor thing had exhausted herself.

I wrote the staff a note thanking them for being so accommodating and flexible with us - true customer service!


1 comment:

  1. hmm. you are much braver than I. I thought about doing that once but the dentist is the one place i haven't taken my kids, every other appointment under the sun, yes. I've decided that is my one place for piece and quite twice a year. ;)

    ReplyDelete