Sunday, April 12, 2020

Ohio Quarantine Week 4

Week 4 of the global pandemic quarantine happens to be our spring break. We had nothing planned for spring break - per usual. The girls were actually going to be at Extended Care Mom-Thu anyway. Tim and I were supposed to be off work Fri and Monday. “Vacation” days - ha! We are now splitting the days  - that way each of us has a full day to focus only on work. 

This week’s wrench: tornadoes! 

Wednesday night I had gone to bed before 10pm - my usual - and by 10:35pm Tim was in the bedroom giving me a warning that there was a huge line up and down our area for a tornado warning. The city sirens were going off. 

We sat downstairs for about 10 minutes watching the local weather when the winds outside picked up and sirens came on again. I immediately rushed upstairs and scooped Hannah out of her slumber, Tim got Nora. We went down to our cold unfinished basement and sat for 15 minutes. 

We came back up around 11pm, Hannah went immediately back to sleep. Nora, not so much. I had a hard time falling back asleep - awake until midnight which is BAD. Thursday I was a grumpy mess. 

Our weekend was good; sunny Saturday with grass mowing, walks, and video catch-ups with friends which is normal now. 


Oh yeah! Nora finally lost a top tooth last Saturday morning!


Our dumb dryer power button broke AGAIN - twice in seven years now. Poor design on GE’s end because you have to replace the entire control panel. I was proud of myself for remembering this from the first time it happened. I ordered the new control panel, swapped out the circuit board and put it all back together. For someone who is admittedly not handy, I’m pretty proud of myself. 



I miraculously got Easter goodies before the pandemic swept in, so I was ready! I think Nora loves Easter more than Christmas! Awake at 5:30am and I slept in her bed with her - she knew to stay in there until 7am. Goofball. 

Quiet lazy Easter here, with some additional bacon and a chicken and mashed potato dinner 😆

No comments:

Post a Comment