Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Staycation 2018

Staycation was good - but also stressful due to the kitchen reno and being forced to stay out of the house Monday - Wednesday. 

Friday July 27th the girls were up at my parents so Tim and I drove up to spend the night and then kayak the next morning with Nora. It was super relaxing as always; set in the woods next to the Great Miami. The girls do a pretty good job of keeping themselves busy with all the thrifted toys : ) 



Hannah would not get out of the kayak!


Saturday we were on the river before 11am - my Dad wanted to beat the “partiers.” Haha! But it was true - we dropped in North of the local livery and didn’t see a soul. After the livery we were paddling more to avoid clusters of people. 

Dad usually goes on weekdays to fish and avoid people : )

Nora started in my boat which wasn’t too hard - she wanted to paddle so I let her here and there until we’d steer towards the bank. After mile one (of three) she asked if we were back at Grammy’s yet - oh boy. 

It was a perfect mini-getaway. 

Sunday was our one day home to get stuff done. 

Monday we hopped out of the house around 9:15 to a Milford Preschool playtime at the local recreations outlet. We lasted about one hour then had lunch at Nana & Papa’s. Ailo nearly exploded when he saw us - poor Buddy! After lunch I took Nora to see Hotel Transylvania 3 - super cute and shockingly my first movie with Nora. My first movie theater experience since having Nora. I’m serious. I don’t do movie theaters anymore. Ask me about it another time...

Tuesday we started our morning with a Target school haul. Then we headed to the Loveland Castle - I’ve been curious for a long time and had never been! It was... interesting. Smaller than expected, pretty, and a bit strange. I think one visit is all I’ll need. 














Then we attempted Liberty Center Children’s Discovery Center - a playzone within the huge new shopping/dining complex right where we used to live in Liberty Township. I would have loved this except it was slammed with kids - like absurdly. I didn’t want to be there, Hannah was getting knocked down left and right, so we basically left and headed back towards Milford. 




That’s when I quickly stopped back into the house and smelled the awful counter adhesives and freaked out a bit so we went to early dinner. By the time we got home, I was glad the fumes had mostly dissipated. I was still irritated I had to unexpectedly find plans for Wednesday. Thankfully it turned out to be relaxing at my folks. 

Happy Doggie coming home!


Thursday we putzed around and had a playdate with friends. 

Friday Hannah had her T&A follow-up sleep study. Tim took Hannah while Nora and I had a girl’s night! I took her for sushi - her first! She really liked the shrimp tempura roll : ) Then we had “spa” time with face masks and nail polish. I don’t often get alone time with her, so it was special. 







Amazed she puts up with this garbage so easily! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment