Friday, May 18, 2018

Nora’s First Field Trip

Since I don’t have flexibility to volunteer at school, I was all in for the field trip - a whole day at Sun Rock Farm in Kentucky.

Nora was so pumped - a whole day with me! She was also pumped to ride a bus for the first time. It sure brought back memories for me - I spent nearly all my school years riding those bad boys. I forgot they don’t have air conditioning and it’s crazy windy with the open windows. 

We arrived around 9:45am and by 10:30 the kids were already saying they were hungry : )  There were a lot of parents, enough that I was only in charge of Nora - whew! I only had to redirect kids once or twice.

The kids had to help the farmers with chores; gathering eggs, feeding the goats, milking a goat (Nora did not want to participate), brushing the miniature horse and sowing seeds. 

It was great spending so much one-on-one time with Nora that I spontaneously (what?!) went to UDF for ice cream with her. 















No comments:

Post a Comment