Monday, July 31, 2017

Too Busy

The past two weeks have been a bit much - in a good, social way.

The Sunday I took the girls up North was nice, but the day extended longer with some friends over which was nice, but left me completely run down.

The weekends are usually time for Tim and I to take care of “things;” running, groceries, mowing, errands, cleaning, etc. Then squeeze in the social things between. I wish I had the benefit of completing the household items during weekdays. I do a lot of small pickups at Kroger at 7:30am on my way into work!

Then the following Tuesday, Tim and I worked a half day to scoop up the girls and take them up to my parents. We were seeing a band at Nutter Center and my parents were kind enough to extend their house for us to spend the night. It was - of course - a late night and I didn’t sleep well, maybe five solid hours.





We were home Wednesday with the girls. Back to work Thursday. Then Friday evening the girls went to Nana’s house so we could attend another concert. I know. We knew it was too much, but purely coincidence that two shows we wanted to see were the same week. Yes, I could have not attended one. But I take what social outings I can get.

Both nights were fun, but not sure they were worth the effects the following days. Zzzz. And I do realize that Tim and I are incredibly lucky that both our parents are so close and happy to watch the girls so we can have adult time.

I had crammed in my weekend run on Friday after work which may have been a bad decision. It wasn’t humid, but it was warm and I’m not used to long runs on week evenings. I only made it six miles because my feet were lead and clearly didn’t hydrate enough after I was done. I felt like garbage on Saturday AM. 

So we packed up Saturday and I took Hannah to swim class. We drove up to Miamisburg to pass off the girls to my folks. Then turned around and went back down to Kentucky for our annual Adult Day at our close friend’s lakehouse. It’s an annual event that’s been happening since before we had Nora at our friend’s Williamstown lakehouse. I enjoy the grown-up discussions and sitting in the sun! 




It’s just a bummer because it eats up our entire Saturday and half of Sunday - very little weekend time with our girls. We kept our Sunday fairly lazy and still crammed in grocery shopping and cleaning. 

So in summary - I’m tapped out on adult fun for the summer - ha! Though truly grateful that we have these opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment