Monday, July 17, 2017

Minor Demo work!

I think I’ve mentioned our home was built in 1979 - it’s as old as me : )

It’s “contemporary” 80s - e.g. a wetbar in the living room and some funky walls and angles. Including this horsey built-in that clearly was made for large, boxy TVs from the 80s. There’s a ridiculous amount of outlets on the inside of this thing - for all the old, dated entertainment equipment. 








We managed to slide our flatscreen in there for the past three-and-a-half years, but with the adoption of a 55" TV from my office - Lordy - there’s been some re-configuring. 


So I was headed up North for a family picnic and gave Tim a pass but only if he agreed to demo that sucker (I have some “honey-dos” before Hannah’s 3rd birthday). Thank goodness a super handy friend was able to help. I left with the girls at 9:30am and returned at 3:40pm - they were done and everything cleaned up!



I’m super happy - the patching and painting (light grey) will clearly come in stages - we just don’t have the time or energy. And guess what? We unearthed a vent the dumb-dumbs covered up! Maybe this room will get a bit warmer in the winter now!




No comments:

Post a Comment