Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day 2017 was perfect! 

I had a two-year streak of not-super Mother’s Days... 

In 2013 I was prepping for a Monday colonoscopy. Everything was fine, just some “results” of giving birth that have changed my body :: eyeroll :: So that Sunday prep was the absolute worst. I’m a firm believer to get one when you need it, but not until you need to. The “cleanser” I drank was so disgusting I gagged. And the physical “cleansing” is nearly as bad as labor. No, really - I cried. 

Anyway, then in 2014, I’ll always remember Mother’s Day as The Day Before We Found Out

Since, then I’ve enjoyed chill, uneventful Mother’s Days. This year was no exception. 

About two weeks ago Nora had her Mother’s Day program at preschool. It’s at an inconvenient time for us who work outside the home - 10:45am. However, it was a good opportunity to take the day off for Nora. Bless her heart, she was so excited. Continuously thanked me for taking the day off work. 

Handmaid's Tale?

She is rocking the side pony just like I did - !


After her program, we went to lunch at a cute cafe in Milford, then to the sweets shop. She just beamed. It was rare and sweet to be with Nora outside the house, just the two of us. It doesn’t happen enough. 

On Mother’s Day I ran almost 5 miles, groceries solo, ate baked goods, did some flower-buying and planting. Just general time outdoors is nice - now that Hannah is walking this spring, it somehow feels easier to get outside. Though it is tiring to chase her - she doesn’t know about safety yet. No fear. 

Family walk!



I’ll miss that tree even if it did cause roof moss.

Oh, our furnace also went out a week ago... thankfully not the system [yet].
The thermostat was old and done so we came up to 2017 with a Nest Thermostat!
It’s bizarre to have such a modern, “smart” appliance in the house.


And Saturday was equally good - I took Tim out for his birthday outing - our first FC Cincinnati match! Aunt Stephanie again selflessly watched the girls for a lengthy near-five hours alone while Tim and I enjoyed some apps and a beer - outdoors, sitting and quietly - before the match. It was lovely! We were home at a reasonable 7:45pm to take over the girls’ bedtime. 



Great weekend and finally feeling like spring!

1 comment:

  1. Mother's Day is so tricky. I'm glad you had a great one this year!

    ReplyDelete