Sunday, January 17, 2016

January Cleanup: Update

Well, I did one week being pretty strict. No grains, dairy or sugar. I did have some amazing Ghirardelli peppermint bark halfway through during the weekend. I didn’t feel bad.

The next week was a little trickier; I was on a photoshoot for two days and lunch was brought in, so I had less control. Pad Thai one day, a veggie sandwich the next. I had some whole grain pita chips once or twice. 

Dinners were the hardest - the most difficult critic was Nora - I know toddler/preschoolers need variety and I didn’t play well; dinner fits were consistent the 2nd week. Even I was getting tired of sweet potatoes. Tonight I made a black bean lasagna and I think everyone was relieved - ha! 

I don’t feel like I failed - I think I just needed a bit of a jump start. I typically eat very well and run at least 10 miles per week, so I don’t think I need some revolutionary change in my lifestyle. I think the holiday sugar tooth just got out of control and I reigned it back in.

Nice experiment; I think I enjoy having chia “oatmeal” in the mornings now!

1 comment: