Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Home After 30 hours...

Well that was a whirlwind... 

Two nurses remembered us from Hannah’s heart recovery. Which is funny because we were only in ICU about two days.

Anyway - Hannah is SO much better. Looking back - which was only about two nights ago - it was frightening thinking about how much she was struggling to get breaths. At 2am you’re so tired you kind of pretend it’s not happening, but then when you realize it’s time to pull the trigger for the ER - it’s a little frightening. Before we got in the car, I took Hannah outside to get some humid fresh air which actually helped. Thanks Internet! 

Our night went mostly well. Tim and I attempted to leave for dinner while Hannah was sleepy. However, when we returned just over an hour later, we walked into the nurse attempting to soothe and comfort a screaming Hannah - which was super upsetting. It made me feel so guilty leaving the hospital to eat food.

Hannah had her 7pm feeding , however after sleeping almost straight from 7:45am-2:45pm, she wasn’t super sleepy. She finally fell asleep at 9pm. 11pm a nurse tried to take her blood pressure which pissed her off and I had to soothe her back to sleep. 2am Tim had to do the same. Then she slept until about 6:15 which is about normal time so I got up with her. 




So as wonky as that sounds, I actually felt somewhat rested. 

Aunt Stephanie came to bring us bagels and visit. Hopefully her last time to visit us at Children’s for a very long time! 



We were discharged at 9:30am and went to get Nora from Nana’s house. Thanks again to Nana for being there for us as well as Aunt Amy & The Boys for letting Ailo out to pee : ) 

Tim and I took the rest of the day off. I did four loads of laundry... I was supposed to host my bookclub but around 1pm I started feeling like crap. And guess who else started sounding congested?  Nora. Sigh. 

I learned from a Physician at Children’s that Croup is not the name of a virus - it’s the name of a collection of symptoms; barky cough, constricted airways that make you wheezy... So basically Nora and I probably have the same virus, but it would not manifest itself into Croup because we are bigger and stronger. Did you know that? I did not. 

I don’t think I’ve been sick since having two kids. I passed up my hippie remedies and went straight for the Alka-Seltzer cold. I feel pretty decent now. 

Can I take a week off of being a grown-up? 

Nana was sweet enough to make us brunch and Nora decided to not only wear a bib, but also Daddy’s glasses. I can’t stop laughing...









No comments:

Post a Comment