Friday, July 10, 2015

Crappy End to a Crappy Week

Thursday my Mom graciously agreed to come down to watch the girls; after 36 hours of Crazytown, Hannah was still sick and Nora was showing signs, so I wanted to keep them home. Hannah slept all day and Nora actually woke up with no symptoms! Small win! 

Today was supposed to be a “normal” day - I took the girls back to the sitter after over a week. Everyone was happy to be back to routine. Hannah had a rough morning coughing up yucky-ness and she spit up some of her bottle then pooped - sheesh. 

I was enjoying [!] a day at work when 1pm I see my phone ringing - the sitter’s number. Son of a B*tch! Never a good sign...

Hannah had woken from her nap very warm - sitter took her temp rectally [very accurate] and it was 103.9 - ! I apologized to my Director for again having to dip out for my daughter and went to pick the girls up. 

Hannah looked beat - tired and warm. Sitter had given her Ibuprofen. I took them home and Hannah napped 2-3:30 when I woke her up because thankfully we’d already had a follow-up with the Pediatrician about the Croup. 

After listening to her chest and hearing a fever came back after having steroids, the Ped was a little concerned and wanted us to get a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. Awesome. It was 4:50 and Eastgate supposedly closed at 6pm.

I put the girls back in the car and headed down one exit on 275 to the Eastgate branch of Children’s, got my girls out in the rain only to walk up to the door to see the location and hours of Radiology had changed as of just this past Monday. I nearly fell over. 5:15pm.

Used my phone to go down another exit on 275 to the Anderson Children’s Branch - arrived at 5:30pm. They were very quick and Hannah *loved* her x-ray as usual. I think this has been her 5th chest x-ray in under 11 months - ? Nora “helped” take the pictures behind the window. 

Got home at 6:15. Pediatrician called at 6:30 - Hannah’s chest was still a little Croup-y and she doesn’t for certain have pneumonia, but something small that could be the start, so they are putting her on a 10-day antibiotic. More meds! Wheee!

And the cherry on top of my day? This:


Big ol’ limb fallen on the deck - thank heavens nothing was damaged. 

Sigh. I feel like I’ve gone through two weeks in this one.

I’m trying to keep perspective. AGAIN. 




1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! What a week. I'm so sorry. Hope everyone is on the mend and you all get lots of rest this weekend.

    ReplyDelete