Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas: Part 1

16 Weeks

Christmas was decent this year... I think with the warmer dreary weather and still not getting great sleep/juggling an infant, it didn’t quite feel like Christmas to me.  Plus Tim had to work the day after - boooo.

Nora was way more into Christmas this year. She made sure the fireplace curtain was open for him to get in. She also left Santa a snack of half a pear and a beer. Ha!



It just so happened that my Mom gave me my old American Doll [yes, they were around when I was younger] and Nora asked for a doll she could dress up. Bingo! Nora now has a “vintage” American Doll courtesy of Santa. She also got a second outfit for the doll from Target [because they have a more affordable version there] as well as a new pack of Play Doh.


She did indeed sleep in the ballet leotard and skirt.

She was up about 6:30 on Christmas Day which wasn’t as bad as it could have. I went on a 4-mile run - because I’ll take whatever running time I can get nowadays. We went to spend the afternoon at Nana & Papa’s. Nora was a huge ball of energy. She enjoys attention and performing... everything I never thought my daughter would be - ! I’m thankful her older cousins are so great with her.



And guess who showed up at Nana’s? Santa! He brought books for the grandkids. I was rather shocked, Nora rushed to the far end of the kitchen and clung to Aunt Amy because she did not want to see Santa. Last year she was ushering Santa in and out of the house!

Last Year





Aunt Amy & Hannah!




We fed Hannah at 7pm and I was just exhausted. All three girls fell asleep in the car ride home.

I was kind of sad going into today since Tim was going to work. However, the day turned out rather good. Nora was very good for me and we spent a little time at the library.

Computer games at the library.

This evening was a bit of a reunion with some past Landor friends; only two are still with Landor, about half of us are in town, one couple is in Chicago and another in London. We met at family-friendly Pizzelli in Mariemont. Was fun to catch up as best we could, but with a 3 year old and an infant, it’s a little tricky to sit down and focus : P  Was still fun nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment