Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Last Days...

This past week was quiet in the office for me which was nice. Monday was MLK Day, so I went ahead and took Nora to the sitter’s house so I could just have a day to do stuff. It was awesome and productive. One of the best accomplishments was updating Nora’s baby book - yes! 

Up-to-date!


Wednesday was my last day riding the bus after almost 12 years. I started taking the bus in 2002 when I was a co-op for Landor. My new location does not have a direct route and while I could transfer, my time is worth more nowadays. I’m really going to miss that alone, quite, decompressing time. Did I mention the naps too? 


Wednesday morning my oral care team took me out to breakfast at First Watch - it was extremely sweet and yummy.

Thursday was my last day in the office. I had absolutely nothing scheduled by means of a “farewell.” Ouch. By lunchtime a few girls wanted to take me out for lunch at Via Vite - super sweet. It was a really nice lunch with good friends. 

By the time I got back from lunch, there was an all-office happy hour scheduled in our space at 4pm for my farewell - whew! 

There were 3 huge buckets of drinks and tons of snacks. It was nice saying goodbye to my close acquaintances and laughing on last time with my peers. 



Thursday was very surreal and I think it will finally hit me when I go into the new job on Tuesday.

I left at 5:15 with the last of my things and headed to my book club in Loveland… and that’s a whole different story of a battle against traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment