Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back At It

20 Months, Week 3

Sigh.

The past week of bedtimes have become bad again - lots of crying for “Mommy! Blankie!” “Daddy! Up!” 

I’m not sure why Nora is regressing yet again. She’s manipulative enough before age 2 to say “Mommy Poo-Poo!” to get me in her room even though she has not, in fact, poo-pooed. 

This suckiness peaked tonight when Tim and I were downstairs after only 5 minutes of her screaming that we heard an enormous THUMP! We dropped everything and raced upstairs to Nora walking, sobbing out of her room. I lost it and and started crying, clutching Nora to tell her she has to lay down, it’s bedtime. 

It’s one thing when a toddler sneakily flips themselves out of the crib, but since Nora was overly upset and flipped herself out, I just can’t stop thinking about injuries. She’s way too young for a bed yet I think... but if she’s flipped herself out once, she knows she can do it again. 

ARGH!


2 comments:

  1. You probably don't want to hear this but this sounds like pretty normal stuff to me. Ever since Dick Fosbury developed the Fosbury Flop style of high-jumping in the late 60's, the incidence of toddlers flopping out of thier cribs has been increasing at an alarming rate. Just make sure you cushion the floor somewhat below her crib. A high jump pit is not necessary.

    ReplyDelete