Saturday, June 1, 2013

Business Trip!

Friday at work was the start of Memorial Day weekend. Around 10am my director came up to me and asked if I could attend some consumer research in Indy Tues-Wed! Doh! I easily said yes because 1. That’s my job and 2. I was glad it was only one night and very close to home; i.e. no plane trip.

I carpooled with a coworker who is just a year older than me with a 10-mo old, so we had a lot to talk about and she’s just someone I enjoy and could see myself hanging out with outside work .... if that ever occurred.

Tuesday night our clients took us out to St. Elmo’s steakhouse - which apparently is famous and historic. Mostly for their shrimp cocktail - ?! Two of our male clients ordered this and one asked for extra cocktail sauce for his baked potato. I just had some wild Alaskan Cod which was awesome - cleaned my plate with the fish and the quinoa with green beans and my coworker’s mashed potatoes - YUM!





We stayed at a Westin which I expect to be fairly top of the line, but was a little dingy. They have “Heavenly” beds which I think delivered - I slept quite well!


Unfortunately as soon as we pulled into the driveway from a long day of research, Tim and Nora came out - Nora was her usual bubbly self with one difference - a freakin RASH all over her face! We hustled in the house and Tim said Nora didn’t eat anything she hadn’t eaten before. We called the doctor who said she’s simply at the age where her usual food - especially acidic - can react more with her skin. Tim said Nora had smeared hummus all over her face which perhaps was the cause - so we’re going to back off that jazz for a while. 

Not so dreadful...

DREADFUL.


2 comments:

  1. I know I shouldn't laugh but that "not so dreaful" "dreadful" is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete