Saturday, August 18, 2012

Zoo Crowded

8 Months, Week 2

Today was Tim’s office day at the zoo - all free so why not? We arrived around 11am with a diaper full of POOP. Massive. Nothing like changing a really bad diaper in the back of the car in a parking lot, am I right? 

I know Nora couldn’t really comprehend where she was, but she still can enjoy the busy-ness and Tim and I could acquaint ourselves with a Cincinnati staple for the first time in like a decade. 

It was a Saturday and gorgeous out so the crowds were hard to navigate. We saw glimpses of a handful of animals - the gorilla looked particularly glum while he rested his chin on his hand. Tim refused to go in the reptile area. I refused the insects. 

The Acco lunch was pretty... sad. There was a sign that if you’re vegetarian to ask a caterer for a veggie burger - I wasn’t going to hunt anyone down so I found what I could. The meal was a burger or hotdog, chips and beans. Even Tim was let down - especially because as I ate and he fed Nora, they packed up the food - ! So we walked over to Skyline so Tim could have some lunch. He probably liked his meal better : ) 

I was over the crowds and tired [Mom, not Nora] so we packed up and headed home.

It won’t be our last time, so we’ll get to know the zoo better as the years tick by.


No comments:

Post a Comment