Monday, August 13, 2012

Crawlin’ & Climbin’

8 Months, Week 2

Things have been speeding up! I think we can officially say Nora is crawling now - !! Let the chasing begin. Along with that she is readily sitting up on her own from the belly position and is starting the attempts to pull herself up on whatever she can grab onto. 

Two weekends ago we went down to a friend’s lake house in Kentucky - Nora did not nap on the hour drive down [of course] but she did nap about an hour before lunchtime. She did great in the heat and hanging out with her pal Ava on the dock. We even attempted to get her in the water in a little floaty raft... it was a little challenging and Nora inhaled a little lake water which kind of freaked me out after all the “bacteria” stories you hear.

We left by 4pm and Nora was asleep before we even hit the highway - a fun but tiring day! 

This past weekend Tim and I had another invitation down to the lake - sans children! A big day. My parents graciously came and spent the night and had a ball with Nora. Tim and I were able to have a day of fun and “no” responsibility - it was really great to visit with friends and let loose a bit, but of course great to come home to comfort and Nora.




1 comment:

  1. No stopping her now! Guess I better put on my running shoes! Such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete