Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weeds Be Gone


7/10/11 - 18 Weeks

My enjoyment of being in the flower beds was greatly reduced this year - Spring was super rainy and chilly and then we were thrown into the heat of summer. I’ve always pulled weeds by hand - it started as a calming activity, but as of late it feels like a chore, I can’t keep up and just not enjoyable. The labor + heat + pregnancy = grumpy Stine!

So I may be waving the white flag when it comes to my green gardening, but I refuse to use Roundup because it’s straight up poison and [over a long period of time and lots of exposure] causes birth defects. I’m optimistic I can fine a “greener” weed killer - I know there’s some home-made recipes out there.

This surrender made me wonder what else I’ll give way to? I’ve already started becoming more lenient on my cleaning and I’m sure with a newborn the time to read a good book fades away. I wonder how much I’ll change?



1 comment:

  1. yeah, lots will change-- but not completely and not for the worse. just different. i'm sure you'll find a great balance of old stine and mama stine. :)

    ReplyDelete