Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Growing and Growing and...

Mom warned me, “Just you wait...” - I’m only gonna get bigger!

I was whiney last night because I can’t fit into my sports bras, and my lounge pants are getting tight - I’ve even torn a hole in one pair because of stretching!

A friend and I were talking how it’s been very hard going from being nice and fit from running to just letting go and letting our bodies do what they need. It’s hard to accept, but I know it’s right and hopefully I have a smidgen of time when The Boot arrives to do a few crunches here, squeeze a 5K in there...




4 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie...I can't wait for the day a bra is too small!! If you need a thrifting buddy, just call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you talked to your ob? He or she should be encouraging you to exercise, there is plenty you can be doing if you don't feel comfortable running anymore. Since you are already a runner you shouldn't need to give it up. I know lots of pregnant mommy's that run, usually pushing a stroller of one or two children; especially early in the pregnancy like you are. When that belly really gets bigger in the last few months you might not want to bounce it around anymore and just take up walking. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm exercising still - just took it back to walking and yoga. I tried running and it was actually too exhausting. Plus I'd rather just chill out and let my body nurture the kid rather than worry about how many miles I can log!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a big believer in listening to your body. (my body told me it needed lots of ice cream and watermelon.) it is hard to not be in control of your body, but it's worth it and it's good practice for what's to come. ;)

    ReplyDelete