Monday, September 17, 2018

Meet Goldie 2.0

Goldie 2.0


Oh you don’t remember Goldie 1.0? You shouldn’t because she literally only lived half a day. 

I’ll back up. 

Nora has been relentlessly asking for a cat for damn near a year. You know we aren’t giving into that. However, she is clearly smart enough to adjust her request for a “simple” fish. We figured it would be easy and not too costly. Hm. 

Saturday we went to Petsmart. I asked questions and didn’t quite realize there was a bit of process to get your water conditioned and acclimate the fish from the store water to your tap water. Ergh. I’d prepped everything based on what I was told, even a follow-up call I made to Petsmart to make sure I was clear. 

Well, by the time Nora went to bed, Goldie 1.0 wasn’t looking too well. When Tim and I went to bed around 10:30, Goldie was a Floatie. Whoops. Poor Nora woke up at like 5:50am on Sunday to tell me she thought Goldie was dead. She was just a touch sad, seemed bummed only in a general sense. 

We took the fish back - because thank God they have a 14-day turnaround - and we got a new one free of charge. This new associate told me we had to ADD our tap water little by little to the fish bag to help it acclimate to our water. No one told me that the day before. 

So I was more cautious with Goldie 2.0. However, I also realized I didn’t look at the water conditioning cap dosages close enough. I basically put 5X too much conditioner in the water so poor Goldie 1.0 was probably shocked to death. 😖

I added clean water for Goldie 2.0 and she made it through the night and ate her breakfast right up - so I’m praying to the fish Gods to be gentler on Goldie 2.0. 

If she doesn’t last, I give up the fish baton to Tim and he said he’s moving to a Beta Fish because those are heartier. 

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment