Wednesday, September 13, 2017

PRESCHOOL!

I posted on social media that a friend once told me having children is like having your heart live outside your body - which is how I felt taking Hannah to her first day of preschool on Monday!



Let. Me. IN!







I’ve never been emotional about sending Nora - she’s always been very independent and clever. Hannah is equally independent, however, the hard part is that she can’t tell me how her day was or what they did. The staff doesn’t know the nuances of her signs or partial words. 

Hannah didn’t know how to follow her class in single file - I know she’ll learn that eventually. She tried to sit down and color at a seat that wasn’t hers and two little girls just sort of stared at her - hopefully just curious as to who the new girl is. 






Hannah was super busy checking out the classroom. She made it easy for Tim and I to slide out - saying “Bye” to her may have made leaving more difficult. I may have shed some tears leaving the preschool...

Around noon on Monday Ms. Booth emailed me: I just wanted to let you know that Hannah had a great day today.  She played nicely in centers, loved the swing outside, and sat in a chair for circle time. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.”



It was so nice of her to let us know how Hannah’s day went. 

Our sitter, Alison, said Hannah was so happy getting off the bus to greet her. An aide was sitting with Hannah in a seat. 

On Tuesday, Alison said Hannah had no problem getting on the bus - Hannah was excited! 

So we’ve gotten over the initial hump of preschool... I hope Hannah has a great start to her school journey... I just hope she finds true friends and people aren’t just “arms-length pleasant,” as Paul Daugherty says. 


1 comment:

  1. I could look at these photos over and over again. What a great start to school for her!

    ReplyDelete