Friday, September 29, 2017

Hannah @ Preschool

Hannah has been doing well so far at school - it’s only been, what, three weeks? 

I realized last week I wasn’t getting any reports on how her day was going, but I hadn’t written it in her IEP. I decided to just ask if there was some way to have a summary of her day/week - couldn’t hurt to ask! 

After some back-and-forths, Hannah’s teacher returned with this form for a daily report. I think they must use it for other kids as well. We received one yesterday and it was so great... the teacher wrote specific notes on each activity. Her speech therapist had specific feedback on how their session went. 



I feel much better! Though on “snack time” yesterday, Hannah did not eat her graham crackers. I wrote her teacher asking if Hannah ever eats snack and if she stays seated. This was Ms. Booth’s response: 

Yes she does usually eat snack.  She must not have liked the snack yesterday.  She tries to get up a few times during morning work, carpet and snack.  She thinks it’s funny.  I will tell her to sit back down and she comes up and gives me a hug and says “aww.” She must know she’s cute :) .  She will then go back to her seat and sit down.  She just needs redirected a few times.”

Stinker.



1 comment: