Friday, August 18, 2017

KINDERGARTEN!

*Blink*

Kindergarten! I think we are just as excited as Nora. She loved preschool and with a broader curriculum, she’s loving it. 

Based on having two parents who work outside the home, we thankfully received all-day Kindergarten and tacked on Extended Day AM & PM. This means we drop her off around 7:30am in the cafeteria to play and eat breakfast. She knows Liam, a friend/neighbor which helps. It opens at 6:30 am! When we brought her at 7:30, there were at least 10 kids already. I’m thankful the schools offer this for parents who aren’t able to stick around for the bus schedule. 

We’re already starting the nutrition talks. She wanted Jell-O and chocolate milk for breakfast (this and the PM snack are included in fees). I told her that’s fine, but not every day. We need to make good food choices so we don’t get cavities or upset stomachs - ! 

She has a full day of  
W/Thu/Fri are Phys Ed, Art, and Music. 

I plan to join the PTA - involvement seems important to me... I think I can manage a meeting a month. 7pm meetings are a touch tricky just because we cram a lot in between 6-7:30pm at our house once we get home. 

She bounds home happy to tell us about her day. So far the morning have been great - she’s so excited she gets dressed before she leaves her room - that’s a big deal! 

None of it has made me emotional, really. I’m not one who gets emotional over the baby days. I enjoy watching my girls grow and develop. However, our sitter made a book of photos of Nora from about when Hannah was born (2 1/2) to now... After flipping through it, I did get a little choked up. That relationship is four years old and that transition is hard. We have so must trust built between our families and Alison truly cares for our girls. 

I’m glad Hannah will continue at least another year under Alison’s care. She’s a vital part of our village! 

Age 5!

Mom has no say in her attire or accessories! : )

Watch out for runny-nosed pirates!

No comments:

Post a Comment