Thursday, June 15, 2017

Nora Quote Roundup

This kid... she’s growing fast - physically and mentally. 6T pants for a while now... long & leggy!

Clearly the word “poop” and farts are the cool thing now. The other night she hit Tim with some toots and said “Smell that country air!!” She learned that on a cartoon set in the country and a character claimed the same. Another character pointed out it smelled like manure and Nora asked me what manure was. So there.

----------

Then within the past week I caught her sitting on a bowl; “Nora why are you sitting on your bowl?”

“I want to catch my farts.” Right.

----------

Walking Ailo together one evening, she exclaimed, “Ailo, the world is your bathroom! But not the house.”

----------

Every morning goes the same; Nora wakes up, goes downstairs, gets the tablet to play some games or watch PBS Kids and asks “What can I have to eat?” Which is the same every flipping day - the food doesn’t really change!! It’s mind-numbing.

This week I told her the litany of options [cereal, bagel, granola bar, fruit pouches...] and she got mad at me! “MOMMY. THOSE ARE ALL JUNK FOODS.” What the hell?!

“Well, Nora, toast isn’t that bad for you.”
“Fine, I’ll have toast and [cherry] tomatoes.” Right.
“Nora who told you all those items were junk food?” 

Nora continuously jabs her pointer finger on the top of her head.
“What? Did you remember or just know?”
“NO MOM, IT’S IN MY BRAIN!” 

She was fired up for whatever reason.

----------

I can’t keep up with the sass & sauce. Enjoy her Mother’s Day video:


3 comments:

  1. OMG! She is a trip and a half!! Was that video 100% Nora? Idea, manning the camera, etc? Impressive. You are in so much trouble...good luck once the teen years actually hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FOUND the video on my phone! She created and controlled the whole thing - so she even knows how to “flip” the camera onto herself - !! You're right - I can’t even imagine what the future holds with her personality - !!

      Delete
  2. lol What a hoot! One of a kind for sure!

    ReplyDelete