Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Link Roundup

Just some links I’ve been reading/watching on Down syndrome.

[The first two are videos - grab coffee or tea when you have time to sit for a bit]

A Mom’s birth surprise:
Bethany Van Delft
*Also The Moth is a great way to hear really good storytelling

Socially Constructing Down syndrome  [TED Talk]

I repeat, we are not “special” parents


I’ve written and never hit “publish” on a few political opinion posts [even though this IS my blog]. A lot of policies could affect our family now with a “disabled” member. Not a fan of Betsy Devos. Not a fan of Jeff Sessions. Not a fan of the possible health care act - specifically as it could affect Hannah down the road. 

Wishful thinking: we had a government who would actually work together [you know like most of us at our own jobs] to find proper solutions - then maybe I don’t have to lose sleep at night. Or read [ as best as I can find ] unbiased articles on these possible policies without getting a knot in my stomach. 

So you can read these if you are curious about where we sit - or not:

My son has Down syndrome. The GOP’s health-care bill scares me to death.

Meet Evan Nodvin

Paul Daughtery is much more outspoken:

The AHCA Is Not Who We Are

I guess we all just want the best opportunities [and equalities] for our kids, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment