Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christine: A Hair Story

Hair History:

Grew up with a pageboy cut. Oh you don’t know what that is?



High school - long, straight, limp hair. I have my Mom’s hair - lighter brown, thin. The little sisters received the luscious dark, thick wavy hair.

Enter the movie Sliding Doors with Gweneth Paltrow and entry to the design department at DAAP:



So this haircut, in variations, was basically it until Nora was born. At this point, I was more serious about running, running longer distances, and wanted a ponytail. So I started growing out around Nora’s 1st birthday. 

Then from about my pregnancy with Hannah to just this past October, it was long. I didn’t particularly like it down and it was hard to work with because it was just limp. I preferred it in a ponytail, but sometimes it felt a bit harsh with my face.

After this past Queen Bee half, I chopped it a bit [see photo #5 in the lineup]. Then just two weeks ago I went back full “Stine hair,” and am so happy with the result. I feel like myself ago, more confident in my hair and feel it just flatters my hair type and face shape/features better! Just go with what works! My hair will never work beach waves, and that’s okay. 

(Click to enlarge if you so care)


1 comment: