Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving Week Pt. 1

The three days prior to Thanksgiving were awkwardly choppy because our sitter took the week off and Nora still had two days of school. So I stayed home on Tuesday while the grandmothers took Mon/Wed. 

Tuesday was a full day: 

8am: Aunt Katherine arrives
8:20: Mommy & Hannah go for her annual hearing exam [more about that later]
8:30: Aunt K takes Nora to preschool
9:45: Mommy & Hannah arrive home
10:45: Mommy leaves to be the Secret Reader at preschool
11:45: Mommy & Nora arrive home

Aunt Katherine had fun with Snapchat!



Lunch 
Wrangle the cat - er, Hannah, down for a nap. 

At this point I’m trying to be a good Mom and play with Nora, but also - housekeeping. So Nora has me as “Mindy,” her servant. Because obviously she’s the Queen. She throws a party which means she has emptied ALL the small bags of Popchips and PB crackers into a bowl. Ailo is also invited so his food bowl is now in the living room. She has taken my lip pencil to her lips like a clown. 

Remnants of the clown lips.

Laundry waiting.

Dishes waiting.

Forgotten Legos and apple snack.

Nora’s party - complete with dog dish.

The list of chores the Queen gave to me, Mindy.


Hannah naps maybe 1.5 hrs. I do not finish my housework. 

Since I have a random Tuesday off I decide I need to tick some things off my To Do List. So what do I do? Load a four and two year old into the car along with a 60-lb dog to get the mats trimmed out of his hair. 

*I also realized once we were out the door Nora’s mouth was still clown-y.

I manage all three [with a stroller] fairly well. Then we head to the eye store to get Hannah a new glasses strap and lens cleaner. However on the way home, Ailo gets anxious - as he always does in the car - and starts to whimper loudly. 

This sets Hannah off - the only thing that makes her cry are dogs’ noises - and she starts losing it. The drive home was loud and nerve-grating. 

We made it through the day and I’m pretty sure I had a beer that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment