Tuesday, June 24, 2014

We Made It

It’s been our busiest weekend this summer - with no A/C - and we made it. 

After over 24 hours, 333-HELP [formerly Thompson Heating & Cooling] never called me back after I asked twice if someone was going to help me. Very disappointed - they lost a customer for good. Waiting until Tuesday’s install seemed like a lifetime away. 

Friday Tim had some business to take care of so I took Nora to the Children’s Museum at Union Terminal. It was our first time! Hey, two working parents, it’s hard to get to these things. It’s a really great place for families and it was nice to just let Nora GO. I didn’t feel like I had to hover over her, she just ran from exhibit to exhibit. We only stayed for a little over an hour and she probably could have kept going, but I kept lunch + nap time in mind. 


Ja' Mon!

Getting the doggies water at the “vet.”



Tim met us and we ended up having lunch at Mellow Mushroom in Wilder, KY. Nom! 

My Mom came at 3pm to watch Nora for the night while Tim and I went with some friends to see Chris Robinson Band in Louisville. I put my Mom in our room since it had a ceiling fan… bless her heart for rocking with no A/C. 

It was strange leaving Nora that afternoon - I felt like I kept forgetting something; I think it was the little person who is always with us!

It was nice to kind of unplug and leave responsibility for less than a day. We stayed at the Seelbach Hilton which I highly recommend. Part of me missed being able to have a drink - a bunch of parents out on the town? I was craving a beer! We ate at BBC which was fun and super hippie. Enjoyed catching up with close friends.

The show was really good - a new venue that’s super small. The music was great, very hippie vibe, a handful of older Grateful Dead fans there, lots of noodle dancing : ) Being super sober is always interesting… I had one drunk girl touch my belly. Geezum. And at least 3 others almost touch and say “Awww!” One older lady stopped in front of me and say “I’ve never seen someone so skinny with their belly so far out!” Um… thanks? 

That knockoff American flag? It’s a Freak Flag. Love it.


Even though I feel pretty “able” when I’m pregnant, standing on my feet that long was rough. Not to mention Nora had been up since 5:50 that morning… Gah! At set break, we were able to sit on some couches upstairs which helped… I made it to 11:45pm. I couldn’t take much more on my feet. I was back in the hotel bed at 12am - crazy late for me! 

We got back at almost noon and cleaned up because we had a family wedding that night - ! We have so many weddings on my Mom’s side in recent years, so we try to get to at least one a year. It’s hard with schedules and living 2+ hrs from these weddings. 

We drove about 2 hours to my cousin’s wedding. It was nice to see family, especially my 88-year old Grandmother. Visit with some family and Nora of course started falling apart toward the end. She’d already been to the library and Nature Center that AM! 

Welcoming the bridal party on Grandpa’s lap. 


We left at 7:45pm, got home around 9:45pm and CRASHED. 

---------

It is Tuesday now at 5pm and I worked from home all day because the A/C tech came at 7:15am. He was wrapped up and left at 3:15pm [he’d also installed a new all-house humidifier]. I could cry I’m so thankful the house is back to cool.

The poor tech guy from Recker & Boerger was in a polo shirt and khakis - I got him 3 big glasses of ice water throughout the day. I’m going to be sure to give good customer feedback! 

7 Days without A/C during the hottest week of the year thus far. I did my best not to complain because there are far worse situations to deal with. 

No complaining about heat from the little one!


Onward!

1 comment:

  1. There's another free Friday next week we're planning on going to at the Museum Center if you can swing it!

    ReplyDelete