Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Christine’s Health - Special Edition!

To start, I’ve been very clear two children was my cap. My ObGyn was one of few “natural” OBs in the Cincinnati area - also in Springdale. Since I’m done having children, it felt unnecessary to travel that far, plus I can give up my “spot” for another patient. 

I found a great new Gyno closer, also close to my age. 

I brought some flags up to her: 

  1. I’ve been having hot flashes for approximately a year and 
  2. I haven’t had my cycle since Halloween 2019

We did some lab work and it turns out my estrogen is barely in normal range. So turns out I’m a rare case of early / premenopause! Bonkers. 

However, I can’t begin hormone therapy until after they remove .... the 6cm cyst found on my left ovary! Ta-da! So come Oct 16th, I’m headed in for laparoscopic surgery to remove the cyst and ovary. 

Recovery is two weeks which is a lot. And takes up essentially all my PTO for the rest of the year 😕I’m not used to being the one in our family who is admitted for a procedure. Nor am I ready to rest for two weeks. Everyone knows I’m a busybody, so this will be interesting. 

And I have to get a COVID test pre-surgery to boot. Boo.



2 comments: