Wednesday, January 15, 2020

TEDxCincinnati

TEDxCincinnati Women happened back in early December but the videos were just released - pretty great seeing women from Cincinnati tell their stories. Lots of great thought and fodder. 

One of my favorite speeches was from Jenn Jordan - she’s been the morning on-air talent for 102.9 for many many years. She also has a teenage son with autism, so I love that she has a public voice for not only autism, but kids with disabilities as a whole. 



To Love Under Any Condition

My other favorite speech was from Kara Ayers - some of my fellow DS Moms know her, and has a great speech for understanding ableism and parenting with a disability. 



Disabled Parenting in An Ableist World

I think Kara’s talk is eye-opening, even for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment