Thursday, May 9, 2019

Zero Waste

I used to be so “green” before having two kids. Since Hannah was born, my time and energy have dwindled... I’m trying hard to get back to reducing the amount of trash we create. Seeing the recent photos of dead sealife with bellies full of plastic as well as the mounds of it floating in the ocean and beaches tears me up. 

I was excited to read about Trader Joe’s push to eliminate single-use plastic in their stores:

Trader Joe’s to Eliminate Single-Use Plastic

Did you know only about 9% of plastics can even be recycled? And those that are can only be recycled up to 4-5 times? Blergh. I did hear this fascinating story that scientists at Berkeley Labs have created a new plastic, PDK (polydiketoenamine) that can be recycled infinitely - which is good news for our landfills. 🙌

I also just bought these reusable snack bags – yay! 

And starting in on these wool dryer balls – yay! Friends tell me you can add essential oils for scent. 

Let’s keep reducing our waste people!!


1 comment:

  1. That's great news about TJs! Their excessive packaging has always been a pet peeve.

    ReplyDelete