Sunday, March 3, 2019

Bucket Filler

Nora was on Cloud 9 Friday after school - she was recognized as a Bucket Filler by her teacher! 

Each week students have the possibility of being recognized as a Bucket Filler. Bucket Fillers are students who say or do nice things to make others feel good. When these random acts of kindness occur, we call them Bucket Fillers. Students at Seipelt fill buckets all day, everyday, but some students go above and beyond and this recognition system allows each of these students to meet with me individually to share what they did and how it filled a bucket!”

So proud of my girl. Every morning when I drop her off I don’t say “Have a good day!” Instead, I tell her “Have a happy day! You are kind and thoughtful.” I chose to plant that belief in her head and she’s fulfilling it herself 💗

Nora’s photo with the Principal, Ms. Lewis, in this week’s school newsletter!

3 comments:

  1. We use the Bucket Filling program at our school and recite the pledge everyday!
    I promise to do my best everyday
    Not to dip & use my lid
    At school
    At home
    And everywhere I go
    We even have motions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use the Bucket Filling program at our school and recite the pledge everyday!
    I promise to do my best everyday to be a bucket filler
    Not to dip & use my lid
    For myself & others
    At school
    At home
    And everywhere I go
    We even have motions!!
    Congrats Nora!!

    ReplyDelete