Monday, July 16, 2018

Not-So-Great Milestone:

First stitches/staples. 

I received the call mid-day this past Wednesday; Hannah had stumbled getting into the kiddie pool which was too close to the concrete patio. She fell back on her butt, then back on her head which was punctured, not lacerated. 

The sitter stopped the bleeding as I raced to get the girls. I was directed to two different places which made me more worked up as time passed. We ended up finally at Children’s Liberty Campus which I should have just gone to at the start. 

Hannah was totally fine the whole journey. Thankfully Tim met me up there because we needed all the arms we could get to hold her down while they irrigated the wound and applied the two staples - gag. 

It’s been healing well and we’re set to have them removed at the Pediatrician on Thursday afternoon - after eight days of healing. 

It was a good six-and-a-half-year run without any major accident wounds! Also - now I know pigtails are adorable on Hannah. 





No comments:

Post a Comment