Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Hannah’s Annual Cardiology Appt

That time of year - annual Cardiology appointment. Last year’s appointment threw us for a loop so the past 24 hours have made my stomach flip.



We were up at 5am, out the door at 6am. Echo was at 7am - we decided to roll the dice and not sedate her this year. Hannah was quite cooperative - woo! Tim held her arms while I tirelessly sang songs for a good 20 minutes straight. The room was dim and twinkle lights moved on the ceiling so that helped. 

Her EKG was quick and easy and Dr. Kimball came on in around 8:15am. He has a very straight face - which I imagine most Cardiologists learn - and after listening to her heart, he started out “Well, I’m very happy with how things look...” THANK THE LORD. I said “Oh thank goodness, I was so anxious,” and Dr. Kimball looked very sympathetic and said “Oh I’m sorry!” It was reassuring that he was concerned about my comfort : )



Hannah’s valve leakage is stable at “moderate,” even a slightly bit better. Dr. Kimball thinks a re-repair is unlikely, but not guaranteed. If the leakage stays stable for years, then we would likely be in the clear. If that path was constant, we could also consider going off her blood pressure meds. 

SO - a very good morning with lighter shoulders. 


No comments:

Post a Comment