Sunday, February 23, 2014

D-I-Whaah?

We bought our house knowing it was move-in-ready but would need updates as the years go on… some major, some minor. Today I accomplished a minor, but felt like a major!

I actually love DIY. When Tim and I moved into our Netherland home, I was about 26 and we tackled projects every weekend, pocketbook allowing. 

Since Nora, I’ve obviously stalled out. Priorities shift and you can’t accomplish a lot while tending to a baby/toddler. 

In our kitchen, we have a gas stove - which is great - however, below is not an oven, it’s simply open storage space. The previous owner’s solution was just a wire storage rack - kind of unsightly unless you have gorgeous cookware, which I do not. 

While Nora napped, I found 3 items on hand; old tab curtains, old tension rod and hemming tape. In about 30 minutes, I’d whipped up some small curtains to hide the mess! I would have preferred a bolder, more fun pattern, but this solution was free and I was pretty proud of myself. 





I also have a running Wish List for the house, which hopefully will be partially, if not fully addressed by the time we retire (listed in order of desire):

1. New kitchen countertop/sink [they are currently TILE - 80s hell]
2. Pine floors to replace carpet on 1st floor.
3. New carpet on 2nd floor
4. Replace all tile counters and showers in master and guest baths



No comments:

Post a Comment