Friday, July 19, 2013

Emotional Disappointment - AGAIN

19 Months, Week 3

So I had a summer Friday today - just a day we’re all rewarded to just take off without burning a vacation day - great perk! And I was super selfish [but don’t feel guilty about it] and took Nora to Carrie’s since we’re paying her anyway - and spent the day alone!

I tried to go for an 8 mile run but set myself up for failure by not bringing water. Dummy. I had to stop at 6 miles. Then I took my time showering and left to run errands. I loved being able to take my time and not rush through Target and Kroger - bliss! 

I came home, ate lunch and cleaned the house. I know - a day alone and I don’t relax. But getting all the housework out of the way frees up my weekend to focus on family fun. Plus I don’t have to run either! 

I finally DID sit down at 4:30 to browse Pinterest. Left at 5pm to pick up Nora. That’s when  the mini-bomb dropped.

Carrie said she had applied to yoga school on a whim and was accepted. BAM. She most likely cannot continue watching Nora. We do have as much time as we need to find new childcare as her classes starting out will be on the weekends. I’m not mad at her - she’s young and she’s following her dream and I told her I’m happy for her - I really am. 

Once I got home and told Tim the news, I started crying. Have twice tonight. I’m just sad for Nora. I thought we’d be with Carrie until Nora went to preschool. Having to find a 3rd caregiver just makes me tired thinking about it. Part of me just wants to find a church daycare so we don’t have to go through the searching and interviewing a 3rd time. 

Nora was too small to realize she was leaving Holly. I think she’ll miss Carrie and crew for certain. And I’m not prepared for that last pickup from Carrie’s - my heart is so heavy already. 

So - wish us luck. 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Carrie :( Good luck with your search - it will all work out in the end. Big hugs from London xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this! I know how disappointed you & Tim must be!

    ReplyDelete