Sunday, March 10, 2013

Staycation 2013

15 Months, Week 1

Tim and I goofily never took off any days when we moved and felt the need to just take some days off.  The timing worked out wonders; the Morrisons [Tim’s sister & family] were in town and it’s daylight savings weekend - win for everyone.

Luckily for us, we could drop Nora off to her sitter on Friday so Tim and I could get sh*t done! We organized the basement and went to get our taxes done at H&R Block. We normally do them ourselves but for some reason I thought going somewhere, more money would be found. Joke was on me. H&R Block seems to hire seasonal people who basically just punch in the same numbers I would have on my computer. And that place was filled with socially awkward weirdos. I’m sorry, but it was that painful. So annoyed with myself. 

After that, Tim and I actually enjoyed a day-date lunch that included a beer! Whoa - yay us! We went to BJ’s [chain] at Tri-County because we’d heard good things - we were impressed not only with their own brewed beers but also the food. 

Next we hit Home Emporium at Tri County to start our dining table search - similar to a TJ Maxx of home goods - it was really awesome with really great stuff. However they don’t deliver and didn’t have any chairs we wanted. Will definitely go back though.

Next we went to Ashley/Morris Furniture - we were there a length of time and surprisingly found something we loved. I’d had my eyes on a World Market dining set, but we’d have to have it delivered and we luckily found something we loved in person at Morris. 

I’m so eager for the table to arrive so friends and family don’t have to stand around with food anymore!

Vintage glasses compliments of Dottie [I found them! But haven’t seen the pitcher yet, Dottie!]

Mommy & Daddy day-date!

Our new dining table & non-matchy chair. [Random chest sitting on top]

No comments:

Post a Comment