Monday, April 23, 2012

Rat[s] Race

20 Weeks


Saturday early evening I was set to run the Rat Race 5K in Loveland - we’d planned for Tim & Nora to come and cheer me on; a fun event for us to get out as a family and for me to enjoy some running! Well, the weather was the largest wrench in our plan - it never hit 50˚ I believe, and it was windy, so I didn’t want my little nugget exposed to that just yet. Additionally, her completely random nap schedule had her fall asleep at 3:45 and I needed to leave by 4:30, so that and the next feeding was a smaller wrench. Tim and I agreed he’s stay back with Nora so she could get her sleep and not be sitting in the chilly weather. Bummer.


I ended up running with my friends William & Emma [who is 35 wks preggers mind you!] and still had fun. Ran my average 10 min mile which is fine by me! Speed is not the point of my running. I wish I could have stuck around for the after-party, but Tim had evening plans so I needed to get home to relieve him.


It was also the first time ever that I wasn’t home to nurse Nora before bedtime! Tim gave her a bottle and she was totally cool with that and went to bed well. Nice to know I have that option now! 



2 comments: